Never take candy from strangers. Or, as is the case in “Arsenic and Old Lace,” beware of elderberry wine offered by sweet little old ladies. The Lamoille County Players bring the American comedy classic to the stage in their 67th season. Performance dates for this charming dark comedy are October 4-6 and 11-13 (Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m.) at the historic Hyde Park Opera House in Hyde Park. Tickets are $18 for adults and $12 for students, or seniors ages 60 and over. Any seat for the Oct. 6 show is $10. For the first weekend, tickets are buy one, get one free, with half of sales proceeds on Oct. 4 and 5 donated to Lamoille County Habitat for Humanity: use promo code LCHFH when ordering tickets. The box office opens an hour before each performance; tickets are available at 802-888-4507 and lcplayers.com.
- Wrend’s contract renewed
- Edwards records in sex case cannot be sealed
- Harwood school district teachers face layoffs, job reassignments
- Stowe boys basketball hosts playoff game Tuesday
- Four times as loud
- Duxbury taxes could increase 50 percent
- 10-4: Shelburne Police ask for new radio system
- Pass the bus, get busted
- Jeffersonville man found with guns, 400 pounds of ammo ordered held
- Bad tweet got zoning admin bad letter
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletter delivers the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsrooms!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.