This Saturday, Zenbarn hosts a global dance party with Latin dance band Mal Maïz and Mozambican afro-beat band Kina Zoré. Based out of Burlington, Mal Maïz, led by “Brujo” Maiz Vargas Sandoval of Costa Rica, blends traditional cumbia, latin, reggae and Afro-Caribbean sounds with both a traditional and modern flair. Led by Mozambican native Helder Tsinine and featuring members from across North America, Europe and Africa, Kina Zoré won the 2012 John Lennon Songwriting Contest. The show starts at 9 p.m.; tickets are $10 advance and $12 day of show. Zenbarn is at 179 Guptil Road in Waterbury.
- Lamoille County Sheriff’s Department statistics, May 21-27
- Stowe aims for peak play
- Out of the shadows: Walker accuser speaks out
- Land trusts to conserve Stowe’s Ricketson Farm
- Dana Charles Spaulding
- South Burlington High school graduation parade route announced
- South Burlington prof retires from UVM after 50 years
- Lamoille County Sheriff’s Department statistics, May 28-June 3
- Tractor-trailer stuck in Notch: Two down, how many more to go?
- Jeffersonville woman killed in car accident
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.