Author Peter Zheutlin will talk about his new book, “The Dog Went Over the Mountain: Travels with Albie: An American Journey,” on Tuesday, Oct. 22, at the Stowe Free Library, 90 Pond St. His appearance is sponsored jointly by Bear Pond Books. Zheutlin, a freelance journalist and author whose work has appeared regularly in major newspapers and magazines, wrote the New York Times best-seller “Rescue Road: One Man, Thirty Thousand Dogs and a Million Miles on the Last Hope Highway” and “Rescued: What Second-Chance Dogs Teach Us About Living With Purpose, Loving With Abandon, and Finding Joy in the Little Things.” He and his wife, Judy, live in Massachusetts with their three rescue dogs. They also have two grown sons.
- Hinesburg first responders isolate after COVID-19 exposure
- Region, local agencies brace for virus impact
- Helping hands
- Crowds lead to shutdown of uphill access
- Report: Glider that crashed lacked proper seat belts
- Picking up needle and thread to fill face mask deficit
- Niels E. Olsen
- Historic building receives a reprieve
- Stowe area: Open, closed or in between
- Stowe police statistics March 21-28
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.