More than 3 inches of heavy rain swelled rivers and brooks during the Halloween storm that howled through the region, and the gushing water undercut some roadways, left gaping holes in others and washed some away altogether.
- Fire erupts during Johnson flooding; 8 homeless
- Waterbury ‘threads the needle’ on flooding
- Big storm causes lasting road damage
- Halloween storm takes heavy toll on roads
- A big thank you to road department
- Among power-failure lessons: Wash up, get coffee
- Town workers stepped up to deal with the big storm
- 2019: Mother Nature does a number on region
- Wrend’s contract renewed
- Edwards records in sex case cannot be sealed
- Harwood school district teachers face layoffs, job reassignments
- Café and sober living plan get backing in Johnson
- Duxbury taxes could increase 50 percent
- Jeffersonville man found with guns, 400 pounds of ammo ordered held
- Four times as loud
- Stowe boys basketball hosts playoff game Tuesday
- Lamoille County Superior Court
- Bad tweet got zoning admin bad letter
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletter delivers the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsrooms!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.