What’s the autumn? A second spring when every leaf’s a flower.” — Albert Camus
Summer is lovely in Vermont — and this year it seemed especially sunny, with hardly any gray or rainy days — but this Vermonter’s favorite season is autumn, when the Green Mountains are washed in shades of gold and scarlet.
For four weeks, we’ll share a great lineup of local events and festivals, explore trails and roads with the best views, and catch up with experts to get their recommendations on when, where and how to check out the gorgeous scenery Vermont puts up in the autumn.
And wherever you go, don’t forget your camera — our 13th annual foliage photo contest is open to readers through Oct. 17.
— Hannah Normandeau
The Vermont Pumpkin Chuckin’ Festival returns to Stoweflake Mountain Resort in Stowe Sunday, Sept. 29. In the 11th annual event, participants …
As the days grow shorter and the nights grow cooler, countless people will flock to Vermont’s mountains and scenic byways for foliage season.
The colder nights and shorter days of fall don’t just mean it’s time to get out and enjoy the foliage — they also mean harvest time in Vermont.
We have re-opened our newspaper office to the public in Stowe. Our South Burlington and Morrisville offices remain closed, except by appointment. Face masks are mandatory, and appropriate social distancing must be practiced, at all locations. Please email or call us with questions, news or updates; and read our local coronavirus coverage.
- Hiker drowns at Bingham Falls
- ‘World class’ detox clinic breaks ground in Stowe
- Ex-Shelburne manager placed on leave, charged, in Mass.
- Restaurant sues sewage company for $2.5 million
- Hollow residents: proposed tennis camp out of bounds
- Johnson Fire Department says no to Black Lives Matter flag
- Dave Sequist, ‘epitome of a country vet,’ dies
- Campaign sign rolls over Morristown bylaws
- Local gunshot ends in midwest arrest
- Windridge Trails offer easy, varied terrain
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.