Morrisville once again went to the dogs over the weekend, as canine speedsters took to the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail for two days of dog sled racing.
After years of weather- and pandemic-related cancellations, the four-legged athletes had plenty of snow to race on and spectators were able to cheer them on under bluebird skies.
The event featured multiple categories and distances, from single-pooch skijoring events to multi-dog slogs lasting 20 miles.
Post a comment as anonymous
Watch this discussion. Stop watching this discussion.
- Short-term rentals continue Stowe surge
- Feds charge Morristown man with running drug house
- Stowehof sold, future uncertain
- Johnson day care provider accused of abusing child
- Man charged in Shelburne Road strangling incident
- Charles E. Baraw Sr.
- Former Stowe police officer under investigation
- Carl Taylor Oberg
- Lamoille County Sheriff’s Department statistics, March 10-16
- Globetrotting ‘Indiana Jan’ enters ski hall of fame
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexual language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be proactive. Use the "Report" link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.