Veterans Day, or Armistice Day, was commemorated on the steps of the Akeley Memorial Building in Stowe. Historically, Veterans Day marked the end World War I at 11 a.m. on the 11th day of the 11th month, in 1918. Later, Nov. 11 became a day to honor American veterans of all wars.
- Elmore man kills wife, himself during 911 call
- Curfew scrapped: Stowe nixes proposed booze bylaws
- Shelburne residents question exodus of police
- Stowe man gets pass on prison in international drug smuggling
- Jeffersonville shooter faces new charges in murder
- Max Howard Paine Jr.
- Mysterious panoramic found at Hanley’s General Store
- Road from nowhere? Stories differ on origins of Peoples Academy shortcut
- Shelburne woman wins equestrian title
- Edmund Barry Izzo
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.