The Swimming Hole in Stowe hosted the Chill for a Cause ICE Challenge April 1 where participants plunged into a tub of ice water for one minute to raise money for the nonprofit health club facility.
The effort raised $16,400 for swim lesson scholarships for kids, financial aid for families and community outreach.
Post a comment as anonymous
Watch this discussion. Stop watching this discussion.
- Morrisville man dies after Brooklyn Street fire
- Follow these tips and grow great tomatoes
- State allows ongoing paid parking at Stowe Mountain Resort
- Woman found dead in house fire
- Lamoille County Memorial Day events
- Lamoille County Sheriff’s Department statistics, May 12-18
- Lamoille County Court report, week of May 15
- Lamoille North plans multi-million central office, child care, athletics expansion
- In the Notch: Construction gets going on parking, accessibility
- Morristown Police Department statistics, May 12-18
Voting is open for the annual 4393 Awards, a reader survey sponsored by the Stowe Reporter and News & Citizen to honor the best in our area. Readers helped shape the survey in May by nominating their favorites in each category. Voting is open through June 23. ONE VOTE PER EMAIL ADDRESS. Winners will be announced this summer.
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexual language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be proactive. Use the "Report" link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.