The Stowe Free Library building is currently closed to the public, but there are many services the library provides:
• Borrowing of materials through curbside service: Requests for library materials are accepted, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 253-6145, email email@example.com, or fill out the request form at bit.ly/3pmZwnk. Packaged materials will be available for pickup on the front porch or within the front foyer depending upon the weather, Monday through Friday, at 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
• Limited browsing of library materials: Staff will make accessible a book cart filled with new and popular materials held on the front porch during curbside hours.
• Interlibrary loan: Call or email to request title(s), not currently held by Stowe Free Library, to be borrowed from another library.
• Tax forms: Federal tax forms can be requested. Call the library or visit and ring the front porch doorbell. State tax forms are online. Let us know if you need assistance in locating or printing tax forms.
• Adult programming: The library hosts two online adult book discussions, one for the Copley Woodlands facility and one for readers of Young Adult material. The library regularly provides free online PBS programs on its Facebook page.
• Juvenile services: The library provides take-home craft kits that incorporate activities to promote small motor skills and literacy. It also provides monthly early literacy kits, which include board books and literacy activities.
• Stowe hotspot: Increased Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the library.
• Library advocacy and outreach: Through the library’s podcast “027 in the 802,” at anchor.fm/techservices.
The library has added numerous new materials to the library, including the latest published titles, replacement copies of items lost in the library flood of 2018, and a complete collection of the Library of America classics, which was generously donated by Stowe resident Phil Branton.
The library has also begun to purchase Great Courses titles, recorded art and science seminars on DVD and CD.
Reach us at 802-253-6145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.