30 tons of explosive chemicals disappear from train, raising rail safety concerns
- Straight Arrow News
A train holding over 60,000 pounds of an explosive chemical arrived at its destination empty, sparking concerns over rail industry safety.
Post a comment as anonymous
Watch this discussion. Stop watching this discussion.
- Follow these tips and grow great tomatoes
- Morrisville man dies after Brooklyn Street fire
- State allows ongoing paid parking at Stowe Mountain Resort
- Woman found dead in house fire
- All-terrain driver who killed passenger will serve prison time
- Zoning appeal blocks new Hyde Park homeless shelter
- Lamoille County Court report, week of May 15
- Want to get a garden head start? Think cold frames
- Lamoille County Sheriff’s Department statistics, May 12-18
- Lamoille North plans multi-million central office, child care, athletics expansion
Local & Social
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
Connect With Us
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexual language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be proactive. Use the "Report" link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.