Our Wisconsin State Journal team offers a closer look at the athletes that have committed to playing football at the University of Wisconsin beginning in the 2021 season.
With 15 commitments, the Badgers' class ranks No. 11 nationally on 247Sports and No. 12 on Rivals.
Hallman, a 6-foot cornerback out of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., tweeted his commitment to the Badgers in late June 2020.
Hallman, ranked a four-star prospect by Rivals and a three-star by 247Sports and ESPN, had offers from at least 16 Football Bowl Subdivision programs, including Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Miami, Florida and Florida State.
UW defensive coordinator Jim Leonhard was a key piece to Hallman choosing the Badgers. Hallman has said in multiple interviews that he and Leonhard spoke often and that Leonhard was the kind of coach he wanted to play for. Leonhard was also key in UW landing another 2021 prospect out of Florida, linebacker Jake Cheney.
Adding Hallman to the fold continues a strong South Florida connection to UW’s secondary — current Badgers’ defensive backs Faion Hicks, Semar Melvin and Rachard Wildgoose are all from that area.
We have re-opened our newspaper office to the public in Stowe. Our South Burlington and Morrisville offices remain closed, except by appointment. Face masks are mandatory, and appropriate social distancing must be practiced, at all locations. Please email or call us with questions, news or updates; and read our local coronavirus coverage.
- Stowe grocery store employee tested positive for COVID-19
- Lacrosse tourney canceled after public criticism
- CVSD Diversity Director out after less than a week
- Sandra J. Bowen
- Stowe firefighters control major propane leak
- Flash! First car goes over Smugglers Notch
- Morristown music makes comeback; road work approved
- Weird science: Morristown painter’s cheerily psychedelic ‘Mindscapes’ stem from an orderly mind
- Restaurant shakes its last Malt; popular hangout is razed
- After clash, Craftsbury residents want to come together
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.