Most people who get the illness will have mild flu-like symptoms. People who are elderly or have severe underlying chronic health conditions will have more serious symptoms and may need to be hospitalized.
The primary symptoms of coronavirus include a fever, cough and difficulty breathing. If you experience those symptoms, phone your doctor or health care provider. Symptoms typically begin 2-14 days after exposure to the disease.
Don’t call 911 or go directly to an emergency room unless the situation is life-threatening.
Questions about coronavirus? Need assistance? Call 211 to connect with the right people. If you cannot reach 211, call 866-652-4636.
These resources provide current updates and information on COVID-19:
Getting the COVID-19 Vaccine (VT Dept. of Health)
- Register online for the vaccine at this link: healthvermont.gov/MyVaccine
- There are enough appointments for everyone who is eligible. Appointments are required (except for occasional walk-in opportunities that will be announced). You will make your second-dose appointment when you get your first dose.
- Watch a video on how to make your appointment online: youtu.be/4baPyZvfiz4
- For those who cannot sign up for a vaccination appointment online, call: 855-722-7878. (The call center will be open Monday-Friday, 8:15 a.m.-5:30 p.m., and Saturday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.)
- Find answers to your questions about the COVID-19 vaccine from the CDC: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html
Situation Summary (CDC)
Status of Coronavirus in Vermont (VT Dept. of Health)
- What You Need to Know
- Current Activity in Vermont (See Map)
- What Vermont is Doing
Vermont State Response & Resources (Office of Gov. Phil Scott)
Global Travel Updates (CDC)
COVID-19 Recovery Resource Center (VT Agency of Commerce and Community Development)
- Vermont Forward Plan
- Mask Mandate
- Relief and Recovery Programs
- Resources for Business
- Resources for Individuals
- Resources for Communities
- Economic Mitigation and Recovery Task Force
- Emergency Executive Orders
- State and Partner Resources