It’s your special day — a time to consecrate the bonds of love between you and your partner. While Vermont’s valleys and hillsides are dotted with picturesque 19th-century churches — steeples reaching to the heavens — the state also offers an array of unique venues where more adventurous cou…
It’s a big day, with your family and best friends coming out, often from far away, to witness a tear-jerking ceremony and a good adult time. There’s often champagne, dancing, late-night revelry and reminiscing about the mischief you caused when you were kids.
According to the Post Institute the principles of etiquette — consideration, respect and honesty — are the “three qualities that stand behind all the manners we have.”
The Vermont wedding industry is facing one of the longest battles in regard to the state’s plan to reopen Vermont. Wading through the gray areas and “what ifs,” wedding vendors and engaged couples alike are left in limbo when planning for the 2020 wedding season.
Madeline and Chris met the first day of freshman year at the University of Vermont, and soon realized they had grown up only a few miles apart in their native New Jersey.
In a beverage industry that last year suddenly became inundated with alcoholic seltzers, it only seems natural that a product would come bubbling up from the Vermont craft beverage front.
Weddings in Vermont offer up more than just a chance to tie the knot in a beautiful and memorable locale. The state offers a smorgasbord of activities that the bride and groom, their wedding parties and other guests can enjoy, both before and after the ceremony.
Welcome to wedding world 2020! A global pandemic is certainly not what we were expecting when we planned this publication, but it’s what we’re experiencing right now.
Local Weddings And Anniversaries
Wendall and Norma (Sullivan) Corron of South Burlington celebrate 65 years of marriage, Wednesday, March 17, 2021.
Lynn Altadonna and Mary Curtis Skelton were wed on New Year’s Eve in the company of several of their children and grandchildren who live locally.
It’s a rare sense of place that makes a Vermont wedding stand out, from the food that’s grown on the farm just down the road to the verdant rolling hills and sparkling silver waters that twist and turn through the countryside. And then there are the people who become as much a part of your wedding experience as the scenery itself. Vermont’s small business owners take pride in helping you select the perfect dress, an eye-catching bouquet, and the most scrumptious dessert — all of the details that make your wedding your very own.
(NewsUSA) - Engagement rings mean many things -- romance, love, commitment. Each love story is unique, each engagement ring is the start of a new love story, and each will be a witness to a lifetime of memories.
(BPT) - After a year of being stuck at home, many could use a change of scenery and a much-needed escape from the monotony of day-to-day life during the pandemic. Imagine waking up each morning and everything you need is right at your fingertips — sun, fun, entertainment, relaxation, great f…
(NewsUSA) - Once upon a time, many people proposed to their significant other with grandma's engagement ring. There's something to be said for family tradition. However, whether or not you inherit a piece of heirloom jewelry, there's something unique and personal about a modern, hand-made, c…
2019 Wedding Stories
- Real weddings: Taylor & Holly
- Real weddings: Alison & Jerry
- Transportation options in Central Vermont and beyond
- Real weddings: Kenzie & Jim
- Real weddings: Olivia & Philip
- Real weddings: Emily & Alistair
- Wedding guide: You said yes!
- Wedding guide: Legal details to getting married in Vermont
- Editor’s Note
- How to illuminate your wedding
- Lizzie Post unpacks guest etiquette
- Choosing your wedding party
- Edson Hill: Your own private family estate between Stowe Mountain Resort and village
- Basin Harbor: A historic resort on Lake Champlain with plenty to keep guests entertained
- The Inn at Round Barn Farm: A historic landmark in a quintessential Vermont country setting
- Zenbarn: A music venue and restaurant with a hip vibe and central location
- Selecting the perfect venue for your special day
- Relax away wedding-day jitters
- What does love sound like?
2018 Wedding Stories
- Behind the lens
- Full vibes
- Real weddings: Kirsti & Zaid
- Real weddings: Krista & Matthew
- Real weddings: Liz & Trevor
- Real weddings: Carrie & George
- Keep it classic
- Technologically advanced
- Endless etiquette
- Shades of Vermont
- Seeing green
- Editor’s Note: Make it your own
- Planning a wedding?
- By the numbers: Vermont weddings
- Say yes — to it all
2017 Wedding Stories
- Venue: Parks & Matrimony
- Sweet talk: Tips, trends and how to get your dream wedding cake
- What’s the secret to a successful marriage?
- Real weddings: Jaclyn & Sandeep engagement
- How do you get from “Will you?” to “I do!”
- Love letters
- (Mis)adventures in marriage: A little help from Stowe friends
- (Mis)adventures in marriage: The lost ring
- Green Mountain weddings: By the numbers
- Shades of Vermont
- Here comes the bride, and here comes dinner: Food trucks and mobile caterers bring the food to you
- Real weddings: Jamie & Joey
- Real weddings: Albert & Laura
2016 Wedding Stories
2015 Wedding Stories
2014 Wedding Stories
- Popular wedding destination
- Getting a handle on the wedding-planning process
- Spa services offer relaxation and fun
- What's new around Vermont
- Civil ceremonies: Justice of the Peace shares special moments
- The search for the perfect wedding dress
- Wedding etiquette to the rescue
- When we're in our 20s and early 30s
- A quintessential Vermont chapel
- Open arms
- Glamping getaway: Treetops, yurts and more
- Stick-season Style
2013 Wedding Stories
- Double the wedding!
- Miles away but still connected
- Here’s help to find the right wedding words
- Psyching yourself up for the big day
- The unexpected creates wedding day magic
- Vintage items add rustic charm to modern weddings
- Around Vermont: A “Made in Vermont” wedding
- Top five ways to de-stress before your wedding day
- What’s new
- Don’t get shaken & stirred
- Vermont-y Wedding Favors
2012 Wedding Stories
2011 Wedding Stories
- The past is back, local is chic and DIY is de rigueur
- Getting married in Barre, Vermont
- Drinks get all dressed up
- Making an entrance
- Wedding day beauty takes planning, too
- The perfect wedding soundtrack
- Making do: In Vermont, a tradition of frugal weddings
- From India, with Love
- 'Surprise! You’re getting married.’
- Just keep smiling
- Editor's Note: The ‘SMOG’ rolls in