The 2020-2021 Stowe/Green Mountain Weddings edition is in the works!
Advertisers: Contact the sales team by the end of February to get your ad reserved; the magazine’s targeted distribution helps put your potential customers in touch with YOU and other quality purveyors of wedding services in Central and Northern Vermont and the Champlain Valley. Photographers: Get in touch with the editorial department about photo submissions for this year’s issue. Brides, grooms and more: Look out for the new issue on newsstands this spring!
If a goal of marriage is to light up each other’s life in times of darkness — like, half a Vermont year — newlyweds can get started toward their bright future by lighting up their wedding night.
Vermont weddings share a common backdrop: Lush, green meadows, rolling hills, a red barn somewhere in the distance, and a handful of cows clustered beneath the shade of a maple tree. But each event venue, set within Vermont’s pastoral landscape, is uniquely different. Only a handful will be …
Weddings are emotional, high-stress situations for almost everyone involved. Tying the knot also means melding two families together forever, which can add family drama, arguments over money, disagreements about the ceremony, food choices and reception. By the time the big day arrives, you’v…
Getting married in Vermont offers the chance to tie the knot in any one of a plethora of charming, quaint locales that offer up stunning views of the Green Mountain State. But getting around almost anywhere in Vermont can be a bit of a challenge, particularly if you’re not from the area.
From the venue to the menu, every choice you make sets the tone for your special day, for the couple and for your family and guests; however, no choice is perhaps as important for setting the tone of your wedding as the music.
Local Weddings And Anniversaries
Erin Michelson of Hyde Park and Yvette Santos of Whitestone, N.Y., announce the engagement of Keara Lynn Michelson to Santo Vincenzo Moscato. Keara, who grew up in Stowe, now lives in New York City. Santo Vincenzo is from Brooklyn. They plan to wed in the summer of 2021.
John and Donna (Durett) Adams of Moscow, Vt., will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on Thursday, Jan. 2. Friends and acquaintances are invited to participate in a card shower. Correspondence can be mailed to P.O. Box 150, Waterbury, VT 05676.
It’s a rare sense of place that makes a Vermont wedding stand out, from the food that’s grown on the farm just down the road to the verdant rolling hills and sparkling silver waters that twist and turn through the countryside. And then there are the people who become as much a part of your wedding experience as the scenery itself. Vermont’s small business owners take pride in helping you select the perfect dress, an eye-catching bouquet, and the most scrumptious dessert — all of the details that make your wedding your very own.
2018 Wedding Stories
- Behind the lens
- Full vibes
- Real weddings: Kirsti & Zaid
- Real weddings: Krista & Matthew
- Real weddings: Liz & Trevor
- Real weddings: Carrie & George
- Keep it classic
- Technologically advanced
- Endless etiquette
- Shades of Vermont
- Seeing green
- Editor’s Note: Make it your own
- Planning a wedding?
- By the numbers: Vermont weddings
- Say yes — to it all
2017 Wedding Stories
- Venue: Parks & Matrimony
- Sweet talk: Tips, trends and how to get your dream wedding cake
- What’s the secret to a successful marriage?
- Real weddings: Jaclyn & Sandeep engagement
- How do you get from “Will you?” to “I do!”
- Love letters
- (Mis)adventures in marriage: A little help from Stowe friends
- (Mis)adventures in marriage: The lost ring
- Green Mountain weddings: By the numbers
- Shades of Vermont
- Here comes the bride, and here comes dinner: Food trucks and mobile caterers bring the food to you
- Real weddings: Jamie & Joey
- Real weddings: Albert & Laura
2016 Wedding Stories
2014 Wedding Stories
- Popular wedding destination
- Getting a handle on the wedding-planning process
- Spa services offer relaxation and fun
- What's new around Vermont
- Civil ceremonies: Justice of the Peace shares special moments
- The search for the perfect wedding dress
- Wedding etiquette to the rescue
- When we're in our 20s and early 30s
- A quintessential Vermont chapel
- Open arms
- Glamping getaway: Treetops, yurts and more
- Stick-season Style
2013 Wedding Stories
- Double the wedding!
- Miles away but still connected
- Here’s help to find the right wedding words
- Psyching yourself up for the big day
- Vermont-y Wedding Favors
- The unexpected creates wedding day magic
- Vintage items add rustic charm to modern weddings
- Around Vermont: A “Made in Vermont” wedding
- Top five ways to de-stress before your wedding day
- What’s new
- Don’t get shaken & stirred
2012 Wedding Stories
2011 Wedding Stories
- The past is back, local is chic and DIY is de rigueur
- Getting married in Barre, Vermont
- Drinks get all dressed up
- Making an entrance
- Wedding day beauty takes planning, too
- The perfect wedding soundtrack
- Making do: In Vermont, a tradition of frugal weddings
- From India, with Love
- 'Surprise! You’re getting married.’
- Just keep smiling
- Editor's Note: The ‘SMOG’ rolls in