• Age 25, bike shop manager at Ranch Camp in Stowe.
• Years riding a mountain bike: 16.
• Favorite trail(s) to ride: Joe’s and Disneyland at Perry Hill.
Why those trails?
They both have an awesome mix of technical features and fast, flowy sections.
What do you see and feel as you’re on that ride?
I see lots of different ways to approach those trails because they both have lots of different line choices that have evolved over the years. I feel carefree and stoked every time I ride at Perry Hill. The long descents there just make me want to pedal back up to do it all over again.
What would you tell other riders about why those trails are special?
They are special because they are tons of fun and I can ride to them from my house instead of driving!
In talking with other riders, where do you tell them they can get the most from their sport:
- Novices: I think Blueberry Lake in Warren is one of the best places for beginners. The trails are wide, but still fun and flowy. Here in Stowe, Cottonbrook Road is a great place to start as well.
- Intermediates: Cady Hill is hard to beat for the intermediate rider because it has so much to offer. Flo is a great trail for challenging intermediate riders and they can step up to Bear’s, Schween Haus, and Zogs when they are ready to push themselves a little more.
- Advanced: Perry Hill or Cochran’s. Both require lots of challenging climbing that gives you access to long and technical downhills.
Why do you love mountain biking?
I love mountain biking because it’s rewarding and challenging. You have to climb to get to the fun downhills. I also just love being outside.
Anything else you’d like to say: