Fall’s fluctuating temperatures and the threat of frost bring challenges. Here are some ideas to keep in mind this autumn.
- Bonnie Kirn Donahue | Extension Master Gardener, University of Vermont
Do your future self a favor, and plant spring-blooming bulbs this fall. Spring-flowering bulbs are an incredibly hopeful presence in a time of cool temperatures and unpredictable forecasts.
- By Dr. Leonard Perry
Some of the better native trees in our home and city landscape plantings are ashes, available in several species and cultivars (cultivated var…
The Lamoille County waste district’s final hazardous waste collection of the year is Saturday, Sept. 19, from 9 a.m.-noon, G.W. Tatro parking …
We have re-opened our newspaper office to the public in Stowe. Our South Burlington and Morrisville offices remain closed, except by appointment. Face masks are mandatory, and appropriate social distancing must be practiced, at all locations. Please email or call us with questions, news or updates; and read our local coronavirus coverage.
- Police identify three who died in South Burlington
- $100,000 reward is offered for Stowe arson information
- Lodge a little longer: Commodores switching rooms to apartments
- Jenna’s Promise and recovery center “match made in heaven”
- As COVID-19 metrics worsen, Billings officials say 'large outbreaks' in schools have been prevented
- Trunk or Treat is back in Hardwick
- Outside in: Eateries plan for dining post patio
- South Burlington Police Blotter: Oct. 11 - Oct. 15
- Stowe Police Department statistics, Oct. 11-17
- Lamoille County Sheriff’s Department statistics, Oct. 9-15
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.