Evan Chismark has a lot of ideas and the energy and vision to turn a lot of those ideas into action, which earned him the title of Stowe Entrepreneur of the Year. Chismark is an artist and illustrator, with a healthy list of clients. He used to be executive director of the Stowe Trails Partnership, and helped the local mountain bike club become a much broader organization with an emphasis on land conservation and stewardship. Now, he and two business partners run Ranch Camp on the Mountain Road, a unique combination of mountain-biking bar, restaurant (bomb burritos) and bike service shop. It’s a hub for local mountain-bike culture, an emerging power in the local tourist economy. Pedals to the metal!
- Wrend’s contract renewed
- Edwards records in sex case cannot be sealed
- Harwood school district teachers face layoffs, job reassignments
- Stowe boys basketball hosts playoff game Tuesday
- Four times as loud
- Duxbury taxes could increase 50 percent
- 10-4: Shelburne Police ask for new radio system
- Jeffersonville man found with guns, 400 pounds of ammo ordered held
- Pass the bus, get busted
- Bad tweet got zoning admin bad letter
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletter delivers the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsrooms!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.