Evan Chismark has a lot of ideas and the energy and vision to turn a lot of those ideas into action, which earned him the title of Stowe Entrepreneur of the Year. Chismark is an artist and illustrator, with a healthy list of clients. He used to be executive director of the Stowe Trails Partnership, and helped the local mountain bike club become a much broader organization with an emphasis on land conservation and stewardship. Now, he and two business partners run Ranch Camp on the Mountain Road, a unique combination of mountain-biking bar, restaurant (bomb burritos) and bike service shop. It’s a hub for local mountain-bike culture, an emerging power in the local tourist economy. Pedals to the metal!
- What it’s like to get the test
- Shooting incident draws cross-county police effort
- Suspicious fire destroys garage and its contents
- Harvest Market is closing for good; store had been a dream come true
- Lucinda Gruner
- Hundreds of cars, thousands of people
- Former UVMMC doctor jailed by feds for child porn charges
- Masks in Stowe required, sort of
- Man bagged for crack in South Burlington
- Emails show board uproar over grading
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.