Here are the upcoming tours of the Green Mountain Bicycle Club (thegmbc.com):
• Monkton Ridge Ride: Sunday, June 6, 8:45 a.m. Three options, 23, 38 and 43 miles. Meet at Shelburne Village Shopping Center. Leaders: Phil Littler, 309-2464, firstname.lastname@example.org and Kevin Batson, 825-2618, email@example.com.
• Jaunt from Jasper Mine: Date: Sunday, June 13, 8:45 a.m. Rolling hill, 40- and 60-mile options. Jasper Mine Road, off Route 2 heading toward Grand Isle. Kerry Crosby, 578-3249, firstname.lastname@example.org or Phyl Newbeck, 899-2908, email@example.com.
• Hinesburg Hollow: Sunday, June 20, 8:45 a.m. 25- and 47-mile routes.
Williston Central School by the tennis courts. Tom Kennedy, 735-5359, etomken
• NEK Two Mountain Gravel Weekend: Saturday, June 26, 9:30 a.m. Class 2, 3 and 4 roads over Kirby Mountain to one of the most beautiful valleys in the Northeast Kingdom. Mike’s Tiki Bar parking lot. Pat Stabler and Tom Evers, 781-929-9085, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• NEK Wheeling around Willoughby: Saturday, June 27, 9:30 a.m. Starts at the north end of Lake Willoughby, traveling counterclockwise around the lake. Swimming afterwards. Pat Stabler and Tom Evers, 781-929-9085, email@example.com.
• Way to Weybridge: Sunday, June 27, 8:45 a.m. 64 miles from Shelburne to Weybridge. Shelburne Village Shopping Center. Allan Kunigis, 324-9958, firstname.lastname@example.org or Brian Howard, 304-0610, email@example.com.
All rides begin 15 minutes after the meeting time. All riders should carry basic tools, including a pump or carbon dioxide cartridge, tire levers and a spare tube or patch kit.
Social rides are more leisurely versions of the mapped ride — usually the shorter route — with longer food breaks. Always contact the social ride leader before the ride to make sure those versions of the ride are taking place.