• Age 12, lives in Stowe.
• Occupation: Stowe Middle School Student and dragon researcher
• Years riding a mountain bike: Five.
• Favorite trail(s) to ride: Pipeline.
Why those trails?
I really like Pipeline because it’s technical and it rides like a completely different trail going up than coming down.
What do you see and feel as you’re on that ride?
I really like Pipeline because you have to kind of make your own flow by knowing which line to choose and when to pump your bike.
What would you tell other riders about why those trails are special?
Pipeline: It’s special because there are a lot of technical features to clear and it’s also steep. You have to work hard to make it to the top and I feel really good about myself when I get to the top.
In talking with other riders, where do you tell them they can get the most from their sport:
- Novices: Stepping Stone at Trapp Family Lodge is the best beginner singletrack trail in town. I practiced that trail so many times with my dad.
- Intermediates: Cady Hill climb to the Green Chair is fun and then you can spend a lot of time trying out different types of trails.
- Advanced: Perry Hill is very challenging with big features. I took my biggest crash there last year so I definitely want to spend more time practicing in there.
Why do you love mountain biking?
Mountain biking is like freedom. Anyone can enjoy it. I love riding with my family and friends and we’re so happy to be outside.
Anything else you’d like to say:
I’m very thankful that I got into this sport. I’ve had some of my proudest moments on my bike. When I work at a feature and finally clear it, I feel so proud of myself.