Square dancers were challenged by caller Peter Tobin to perform traditional square dance calls of allemande left, teacup chain, promenade, and more. Seven Vermont square dance clubs joined the Green Mountain Steppers, who have been dancing for over 48 years. According to member Dorothy Lovering, anyone can stop by their Thursday night workshops in Essex Junction at Maple Street Park, where there are multiple levels from beginners to advanced. Costs for workshop participation is $6 for members and $7 for non-members. For more information, contact Sue and Wayne Pierce at 802-879-1974. www.greenmountainsteppers.org.
We have re-opened our newspaper office to the public in Stowe. Our South Burlington and Morrisville offices remain closed, except by appointment. Face masks are mandatory, and appropriate social distancing must be practiced, at all locations. Please email or call us with questions, news or updates; and read our local coronavirus coverage.
- Stowe High hosts free COVID testing clinic this weekend
- Stowe Police Department statistics, Feb. 21-27
- Danielle Marie Benoit
- Skier dies after crash at Stowe Mountain Resort
- Who’s on the ballot?
- The night a Tucker snowcat ferried patrollers over the Notch
- Town Meeting Day: Stowe votes early, approves spending
- School inequities?
- Polar Non-Splash will build community food security
- Stowe officials, leaders release statement on COVID-19 cases in Lamoille region
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.