Flutist Anne Janson, from Shelburne, performs with pianist Annemieke Spoelstra McLane, harpist Rebecca Kauffman and violist Stefanie Taylor in two local concerts. The first performance is Friday, Feb. 14, 7:30 p.m., at the Mahaney Center for the Arts at Middlebury College, with the second concert Feb. 16 at UVM. Music selections include the Flute Sonata by Serge Prokofiev, best known for his music to Peter and the Wolf, and Claude Debussy’s Trio for flute, viola, and harp. Janson plays in the Vermont Symphony Orchestra (VSO) and is a member of the music faculty at both Middlebury College and UVM. Spoelstra McLane is originally from the Netherlands and has performed throughout Europe and the U.S. Kauffman is principal harpist of the Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra and has played with several Vermont and New England based ensembles, including the VSO. Taylor is assistant principal violist of the VSO and has played with the New York Philharmonic, the American Symphony and the New York City Ballet Orchestra among many others. Both concerts are free and open to the public. For more information, visit email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Waterbury Record publishes its last issue
- Lamoille County: Information on restaurants and businesses
- Lamoille County Superior Court
- Schools shut down for the rest of the school year
- Arrest connected to fatal shooting in Lamoille County and drug deal
- Takeout food allowed to continue, but tourist businesses take a hit
- Wishmakers: Smugglers’ Notch and Make-a-Wish, fulfilling kids’ dreams
- Lamoille County educators take on a new mission
- Lamoille County: Shutdown kicks in to battle the virus
- Judge dismisses superintendent’s argument of immunity
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.