Lanpher Memorial Library in Hyde Park honored two community members Saturday, May 1, with its 2020 and 2021 Spirit of Community awards — Robin Aither and Cathy Geiersbach.
Friends of the Lanpher Memorial Library dedicated a Little Free Library, a replica of the actual Lanpher Memorial, crafted by local artist Rick Loya. Donations in memory of the couple’s late son, Chris Maxim, made the little library possible.
Drew and Hilde Thoeni “cut” the ribbon on another Little Free Library at a second Friends of the Lanpher Memorial Library dedication at Gihon Valley Hall. Rep. Dan Noyes made this little library.
The day’s festivities included wild animal sightings along Hyde Park’s Main Street and the library’s annual Wish Tree Day, where community members write wishes on strips of fabric and tie them in the branches of the oak tree in front of the Main Street building.
Fourth of July
Celebrate the Fourth of July with an ad in our July 1st issue.
Early deadlines are in effect for advertising and editorial submissions; submit materials by Thursday, July 1 (for the July 8th issue). Please call for details. Our offices will be closed Friday, July 2, to observe the holiday.
- Police officer admits DUI charge, faces two-week unpaid suspension
- VTrans launches campaign to keep trucks out of Notch
- Stowe aims for peak play
- Land trusts to conserve Stowe’s Ricketson Farm
- Stowe Police Department statistics, May 30-June 5
- Morristown Police Department statistics, May 28-June 3
- Out of the shadows: Walker accuser speaks out
- Cambridge driver hurt in one-car crash
- Lamoille County Sheriff’s Department statistics, June 4-10
- Johnson village manager resigns
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.