The second-place bridge created/designed by Lucy Nigro, Phoenix Masten, Gabrielle Schaffer and Genevieve Calhoun - The Bridgettes - held 3,141 pounds, the most ever by a bridge built by students when they were in middle school.
As featured on
You can do a lot with some popsicle sticks and Elmer’s glue, such as support the weight equivalent of a fully loaded Ford F-350. As long as you have a whole lot of popsicle sticks.
- Morrisville manse sells for $1.9 mil
- New school superintendent backs out
- Stowe girl honored for emergency heroics
- Bear shot, killed in Stowe didn’t need to happen
- From lunches to lunges, Janet Godin kept Stowe kids healthy
- Morristown considers relaxing noise ordinance
- Lamoille County Sheriff’s Department statistics, June 10-16
- Morristown Police Department statistics, June 10-16
- Judge orders competency evaluation for South Burlington man
- Take two: Stowe soon getting a pair of pharmacies
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.