The Bijou Cineplex 4 in Morrisville has shown plenty of creativity during the pandemic, including a drive-in theater with two screens located in a field adjacent to Stafford Avenue, not too far from the site of the drive-in of yesteryear. The Bijou has had weekend viewings of classic movies like “The Sandlot,” “Smoky and the Bandit” and “The Mask.” But, the venture is often at the whim of Mother Nature, as seen here, with theater owner Bill Jarvis, left, and Bijou employees valiantly trying to erect the inflatable screen this past Friday. Here’s to clearer skies this weekend.
We have re-opened our newspaper office to the public in Stowe. Our South Burlington and Morrisville offices remain closed, except by appointment. Face masks are mandatory, and appropriate social distancing must be practiced, at all locations. Please email or call us with questions, news or updates; and read our local coronavirus coverage.
- Woman dies after being hit by motorist in Morrisville
- South Burlington bicyclist recovering
- Elmore man dies in house fire
- Stephen Edwards avoids prison in sex case
- Beaulieu charged with child porn
- Town honors EMS retirees for decades of service
- Back to school in person, mostly
- Ski resort proposes 300 new parking spaces
- Combating racism before, during and after protest
- Former Chimney Sweep bookkeeper admits theft
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.