Students studied the Lamoille River ecology while also learning how to cast a fly rod, tie flies and even catch a few fish.
Hyde Park Elementary School sixth grade teacher Erin Carr and physical education teacher Shawn Clough combined the study of Lamoille River ecology and fly fishing for an integrated school unit, which included Next Generation Science Standards and combined multiple opportunities for learning — exploration of local fishing access, lifetime sports and the sheer joy of being outside on a river in spring.
- Lamoille County Sheriff’s Department statistics, May 21-27
- Out of the shadows: Walker accuser speaks out
- Stowe aims for peak play
- Land trusts to conserve Stowe’s Ricketson Farm
- Dana Charles Spaulding
- South Burlington High school graduation parade route announced
- South Burlington prof retires from UVM after 50 years
- Jeffersonville woman killed in car accident
- Lamoille County Sheriff’s Department statistics, May 28-June 3
- Tractor-trailer stuck in Notch: Two down, how many more to go?
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.