This Thanksgiving is unlike any other — and it’s safe to say the rest of the 2020 holiday season will be unique, too. We asked folks to share their favorite foods and drinks, for this time of year, and asked students to share what they’re most thankful for.
- 2020: I am Thankful Drawings
- Holiday meals to remember (Justin Robertiello)
- Historical Abenaki recipes (Chief Don Stevens)
- Tom Kha Kai (Norman Tourville, Stowe Asian Cuisine)
- Honey Pecan Cornbread Stuffing (Michael Henzel, general manager, Archies Grill/The Scoop/Pizza 440
- Mashed Butternut Squash (The Rotisserie, South Burlington)
- Cranberry Chutney (Tim Elliot, co-owner of Stone Soup in Burlington)
- Celery Root Mashed Potatoes (Josh Bard, chef at Doc Ponds in Stowe)
- Cornbread (Stephanie Manning, production, Vermont Community Newspaper Group)
- Creamed Onions (Christoph Wingensiefen, executive chef and food and beverage director, Stoweflake in Stowe)
- Broccoli Salad (Lisa Stearns, account executive, Vermont Community Newspaper Group)
- Horace WinkleWhiffer’s Chocolate Pie (Lia Cravedi of Hinesburg)
- Chocolate Chews (Tom Foster, Ambrosia Confections)
- Maple Walnut Squares (Brenda Forand, Bakersfield, mother of Jessie Forand, managing editor, Vermont Community Newspaper Group)
- Rustic Blueberry Croustade (Madeline Clark, staff writer, Vermont Community Newspaper Group)
- Maple Dumpling Cake (Wendy Ewing, sales manager, Vermont Community Newspaper Group)
- Working Girl Salad (Lisa Stearns, account executive, Vermont Community Newspaper Group)
- Old Fashioned Bread Pudding with Maple Sauce (Deb Papineau, Deb’s Place)
- Thanksgiving Cocktail Recipes (Lee Kinsey, the owner and lead bartender at Blackbird Bistro in Craftsbury)
- Amaro Sour (Sam Nelis, Barr Hill, Caledonia Spirits)
- Cuffing Season (Nate Canan-Zucker, Barr Hill, Caledonia Spirits)
- Barr Hill Martini (Sam Nelis, Barr Hill, Caledonia Spirits)
- Fresh Margaritas (Wendy Ewing, sales manager, Vermont Community Newspaper Group)
We hope you enjoy and have a happy — and healthy — rest of 2020, strange as it may be.
We have re-opened our newspaper office to the public in Stowe. Our South Burlington and Morrisville offices remain closed, except by appointment. Face masks are mandatory, and appropriate social distancing must be practiced, at all locations. Please email or call us with questions, news or updates; and read our local coronavirus coverage.
- Stowe fire chief suspended amid criminal allegations
- Lamoille South school district severs Wrend’s contract
- Accused Stowe arsonist released despite bail request
- Old Peoples Academy bleachers find new life
- South Burlington Police Blotter: Jan. 10 - 16
- Banner days over for Trump fan
- Hinesburg police team up with community outreach
- Car chase ends in four arrests
- Empty lot and memories remain of gas station
- Stowe arsonist arrested
Social Media Advertising - Sponsored Local Content
News, arts, events, community and more from the Vermont Community Newspaper Group.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletters deliver the latest headlines, upcoming events and local information — straight from the newsroom!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.