Thursdays at 2 p.m. Free; public welcome.
Greensboro Free Library, 55 East Craftsbury Road. Phyllis, 802-533-9246. greensborofreelibrary.org.
Johnson Senior Art Group
Tuesdays, 9 to 11 a.m. Johnson Municipal Building, 293 Lower Main St. West (upstairs). Work on your own art projects.
Artwork displayed once a year at the Copley Hospital Art Gallery, Morrisville. Elaine Scott, 888-7965; Greta Ingalls, 635-2900.
Dad’s Group for Fathers and Father Figures
Tuesdays: 6 to 8 p.m. Conversation; share stories, challenges, triumphs as fathers. Free dinner and child care.
Everyone-Morristown Community Center, 26 Union St. Chris Hindes, 888-5229, lamoillefamilycenter.org.
Lamoille Family Center: Interactive Parenting Workshops
Jan. 23: “Children’s Rivalry.” 6 to 8 p.m. Free.
480 Cady’s Falls Road. Register (advise if child care is needed): 888-5229.
River Arts Center
First and third Tuesday: Poetry Clinic, 6 to 8 p.m. Writing exercises. 7 to 8 p.m. Critique of work.
Third Thursday: Photo Co-op, 6 to 8 p.m. All welcome.
$5 suggested donation for workshops.
74 Pleasant St. 888-1261, riverartsvt.org.
Waterbury Public Library
• Craft Nights: Jan. 27, Feb. 24, March 30 (last Monday), 6 to 8 p.m. Drop in. Bring project and have fun; non-judgmental environment. SAL Room.
• Personal technology help sessions: 30 minutes on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Free.
• Tai Chi for Fall Prevention: Jan. 23 and Fridays, 11 a.m. to noon. Levels 1 and 2, seated or standing, beginners and older adults. Free. Pre-register; limited space. Limit: 15. Registration required: 244-7036.
• Qi Gong and Tai Chi: Fridays to Feb. 28. Instructor Kenneth Russell. Nine-week winter movement series.
• Qi Gong Flow: 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. Drop in.
• Resistance Band Strength-Training 101: Jan. 21, Jan. 28, 10 to 10:45 a.m. Fitness instructor Becky Widschwenter of Mindful Movement with Becky LLC. All levels are welcome. Wear loose, comfortable, layered clothing. Socks or indoor sneakers. No wet boots.
Bands available for loaner or purchase new ($5). Limit 15. SAL room. Register: 244-7036.
• Writers’ Wertfrei: Feb. 15, March 21, April 18, 10 a.m. to noon. Share your writing in non-judgmental, value-free atmosphere. Open to all writers, published or not. Bring three to five pages of material to share; receive feedback. SAL room.
• iPhone Technology Session: Jan. 18, 10:30 a.m. Delia Gillen, Technology Librarian. Privacy controls for iPhones that come with Apple’s latest operating system. Location tracking, robocalls, Bluetooth restrictions, using face/touch ID, passwords, etc.
• Race Conversations: Tuesdays, Jan. 21, Feb. 18, March 17, April 21, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Facilitated by Life LeGeros. Reading Ijeoma Oluo’s book, “So you want to talk about race?” Interlibrary loan copies; 15 percent discount at Bridgeside Books, 29 Stowe St. SAL room, 29 N. Main St. Sign up: 244-7036.
• Songwriting: Jan. 29, Feb. 17, March 25, April 29, 6 to 8 p.m. Patrick and Alison McHugh. Prior experience not required. SAL room.
Jan. 30: 5 to 7:30 p.m. Vermont Astronomical Society. Telescopes in parking lot; if weather is bad, inside on Jan. 31.
28 N. Main St. Register for all workshops and programs: 244-7036 or firstname.lastname@example.org.